Please read the following carefully:
By signing below, I hereby agree to the following:
1. That I am participating in yoga classes during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga and health, and I will direct any questions to the instructor present if I do not understand. I recognize that yoga requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
2. That I will inform the instructor present of any symptoms during my participation in the yoga class that occur, such as fatigue, shortness of breath, chest discomfort, or any pain or discomfort, for my safety and benefit.
3. That it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in yoga classes. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and have no medical condition that would prevent my participation in yoga classes.
4. That the instructor present may sometimes physically adjust a student during yoga classes. If I do not want such adjustments, I will inform the instructor present at the beginning of each class. I also acknowledge that it is my responsibility to inform the instructor present when an adjustment has gone as far as I desire at that time.
5. In consideration of being permitted to participate in yoga classes, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known and unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in yoga classes.
6. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in yoga classes, I, my heirs or legal representative knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against the instructor, the owner, or the leaseholder of the building at which the yoga classes are offered for any injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participation in classes led by the yoga instructor.
7. I agree that I am responsible for my personal property while participating in yoga classes and expressly waive any claim I may have against the instructor, the owner, or the leaseholder of the building at which the yoga classes are offered for any loss of or damage of property that I may sustain while participating in yoga classes.
8. With specific regard to participation in a Yoga For Depression class, I understand that the teacher is not a licensed therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, medical doctor, mental health professional, or any other type of medical professional. I understand these classes are not offered as professional treatment or therapy, but rather as an opportunity to develop a community of individuals interested in the topics of yoga, depression and anxiety. The teacher makes no medical claims with regards to what is discussed during class, but rather information is shared regarding personal life experiences of the teacher and other participants in the class that choose to share their experiences. Individuals seeking professional treatment should visit a licensed medical professional instead of attending the Yoga For Depression class.
I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above. I am over 18 years of age.
And sign in the box below:
must be signed